Historic preservation and renovation are our passion. We love old buildings, the quality of construction from years gone by, and the character and charm that these old buildings contain. Most of all, we love the story that each building tells. As we begin to renovate a project, it’s with the intent to bring that building back to life and let the story continue.
Some recent projects we’ve been a part of include a full renovation of the Bartlett National Bank. It’s now a guest house and hosts guests who come to visit Bartlett, Texas, or who may just be passing through and happen to have found a gem. The bank was abandoned in 1931 during a national bank holiday and never reopened until the mid-1990’s when it was used as a bank for a few short years and abandoned again in favor of a newer building with a drive-up teller window.
- Consultation on how to successfully restore a historic building while preserving its character
- Full electrical upgrades with minimal damage to original walls and textures
- Full plumbing upgrades with minimal damage to walls and floors where possible
- Tasteful HVAC updates to add modern comforts without ruining the look of the property
- Historic paint color selection
- Full interior renovation to include historic wallpapers, tile, hardwood flooring restoration, and tin ceiling restoration
- Roof renovations to include historic metal roofing detail
- Room additions where permitting allowed and not limited by historic designations